Release the Books…… Now!

We’re receiving reports that the book is landing on doormats across the nation, if not yet the world. Expect your copy soon if it’s not already arrived.

Thank you for your patience, trust and support. I hope we’ve published the book you deserve.

CZukSZ6WIAAwbzs

★ Buy the brand-new Issue 12 of New Escapologist at the shop; buy our most popular digital bundle; or get the Escape Everything! book.

About

Robert Wringham is a humorist and the editor-in-chief of New Escapologist.

9 Responses to “Release the Books…… Now!”

1. Spoonman says:

Thanks for putting this book together, I’m looking forward to reading it. Do you know when the digital version will be available?

Btw, please thank “The Walking Dude” for writing such a nice piece in NE12. I was chuckling along because I used several of his techniques back in my working days.

2. Jodie says:

Mine arrived in Somerset today! Looking forward to discovering what treasures hide within!

3. chris says:

Cheers man, i’m in pdf mode on the book (apologies) and already this is cheering up a day in which I have to fork out £124.93 (inc VAT) for a bike service. A new bike chain plus brake service plus tyre replacement is surely not this price!

4. Spoonman says:

Just got my PDF as well, I’ll be binge reading it in the next few days!

5. Zainab Usman says:

Congrats. I am sure I will enjoy it. I got the link to download on January 28th and downloaded the kindle version. Full disclosure – I use a pen name for this blog.

6. Briony says:

I finished it last night. I nodded along with most of it, although there was plenty I don’t agree with, but on the whole a useful addition to the genre. I think the more writing there is on the subject the better as it starts to “normalise” non/low-work living.

But my real reason for commenting was to point out this article:-

which I thought was very interesting. I read another one recently about the loneliness of maternity leave being a big factor in driving mothers back to work. It only makes finding a local network of similar minds who have made the jump even more important.

7. Glad you got it. Thanks Briony.

To counter the loneliness without work thing, this cropped up today: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/01/loneliness-at-work-introvert-sadness-bereft-in-bustling-office

8. Dan says:

I had completely forgotten about ordering this book! A pleasant surprise this morning that I look forward to chewing through. Chris who spent £125 on a bike service needs to watch a couple of youtube videos on how it fix your bike. Its a little dirty but so much easier than people think!

9. Great! I like the look of your business by the way. Very nice-looking products. I hope you enjoy the book.

Latest issues and offers

1-7

Issues One to Seven

A bundle of our first seven issues. Featuring minimalism, Houdini, Leo Babauta, Bohemianism, Alain de Botton, Sartre, and Tom Hodgkinson. 567 pages. £35.

8-11

Issues Eight to Thirteen

A bundle of our last six issues. Featuring Luke Rhinehart, Flaubert, Mr Money Mustache, part-time work, Will Self, home life, Richard Herring, and E. F. Schumacher. 593 pages. £30.

Issue Thirteen

Our final edition. Featuring an interview with celebrity mortician Caitlin Doughty; Matt Caulfield on zen fool Ryokan; and Reggie C. King on David Bowie and Sun Ra. 122 pages. £7.

Escape Everything!

A hardbacked guide to scarpering. Essential reading for wage slaves and slugabeds alike. Published by Unbound. 230 pages. £12.